The holiday season brings with it happiness and joy, but can also be a stressful time for even the jolliest of GEMs. Solution? Beat that stress to the punch with our Original G·E·M·S Life program. By doing the four practices every day — Gratitude, Eat Clean, Move, Shine — you’ll see less and less stress in your life and more peace and happiness.
JUMP INTO ORIGINAL G·E·M·S LIFE! GET STARTED TODAY.
In our last blog post, we focused on ways to combat stress with MOVE. This week, we’re introducing new SHINE practices to help you stay stress-free during the holidays. Care for your body and soul this holiday season with these five SHINE practices.
5 Tips for Stress-Free Holidays with SHINE
- Skip the Eggnog: Curb the nighttime cocktails this holiday season by drinking festive mocktails — try an ounce of Immunity Mix with sparkling water and garnish with thai basil and a sliced radish! It’s soooo good–with or without your favorite spirit. Alcohol may make you fall asleep faster, but it will make your sleep less restful. Try to limit your drinking to once a week (or no nights!) as your SHINE practice.
- Breathe In. Breathe Out. By practicing simple breathing exercises, you can help regulate your nervous system and manage anxiety for a restful night’s sleep. Try these techniques from Mind Body Green and do one every night before bed to check off your SHINE practice.
- Deck The Halls with CBD. CBD oil is known to relieve anxiety and depression symptoms, among many other benefits. Stock up to make CBD part of your daily SHINE practice. (Trusted Lab CBD products make awesome stocking stuffers, too!)
- All is CALM. A dose of Natural Calm every night can help quell anxiety and promote a more restful sleep. Magnesium deficiencies are often the culprit of tossing and turning. Try a little bit at first — and increase from there. Magnesium will also help you be a little more, ahem, regular, so you don’t want to overdo it.
- Rudolph’s Root Routine. Add a one-two punch of turmeric and ginger to your morning drink for better digestion, decreased inflammation and, we think, a nice calming drink. You can pick up a Turmeric Latte during the day at The GEM, or make one at home with our house made Cashew Milk and Bottled Turmeric or Ginger. Adding these roots to your daily supplementation routine will make quick work of your SHINE practice. Done!
Prioritizing your health during the holidays is the BEST way to curb anxiety and stress. Following these Original G·E·M·S Life practices through MOVE and SHINE will bring peace and joy to both you and your family, and help you enjoy the very best this season has to offer.
Merry merry, GEMS!
Jump Into Original G·E·M·S Life!
Shine Brighter all the time with an Original G·E·M·S Life, a daily playbook based on The GEM’s founding principles. Jump on our disco train and commit daily to just one practice in each of the categories, Gratitude, Eat Clean, Move, and Shine. Add in more practices and grow with the program when you’re ready and create your own Original G·E·M·S Life! Get started today!