Gingerbread cookies and reindeer treats and holiday pies, OH, MY! With the fun traditions of the holidays comes the inevitably tempting seasonal sweet treats and sugary goodies. But our new program, Original G·E·M·S Life, is designed to help you stay on track through the holidays and every day.
Taking part in Original G·E·M·S Life just requires doing four daily practices, one in each of these categories: Gratitude, Eat Clean, Movement, Shine. Eat Clean practices include our tried-and-true food rules that keep your body at its best.
By adding one of these EAT CLEAN practices to your Original G·E·M·S Life you can rest assured you’re doing right by your body AND enjoy your holidays at the same time.
5 Eat Clean Practices for a Holiday GLOW
- STAY HYDRATED. Drink 32 ounces of water upon waking every day. Then remember to drink a big glass of water an hour before you sit down to dinner. (If you drink it too close to eating, it dilutes your gastric juices and impedes digestion.) Oftentimes we mistake hunger for thirst. In reality, our bodies are simply dehydrated.
- DRINK YOUR DAILY JUICE. You can pick your favorite juice, but make sure you drink it every day. I crave my celery juice in the mornings—and I add parsley and kale for a bigger chlorophyll punch). This ensures I stay hydrated, but also boosts immunity, manages blood sugar levels, and reduces cravings.
- EXTRA GREENS AT EVERY MEAL. Put in the effort to add some in every meal, every day. Pack them onto your plate or blend them in! Add them to your morning smoothies, blend into sauces, soups and even rice (blend garlic, cilantro, and spinach in your Vitamix with a cup of bone broth, then use it to cook your rice or quinoa!).
- EAT BEFORE YOU GO-GO. Have a healthy snack before you leave the house every day. Keep nutrient dense foods on hand, like our MVP soup. It is super satisfying and is loaded with veggies and satisfying fiber. It’s a secret weapon for hunger cravings!
- ENJOY A DAILY INDULGENCE. Don’t deprive yourself. Whatever your treat is, treat yourself every day. Keep your portion small, and don’t eat other indulgences, especially just because they’re there! Make your splurge worth it.
Don’t let holiday eating take control of your diet. You can take control with these EAT CLEAN practices from Original G·E·M·S Life and come out of the holidays with habits that you keep for a lifetime!
Jump Into Original G·E·M·S Life!
Shine Brighter all the time with an Original G·E·M·S Life, a daily playbook based on The GEM’s founding principles. Jump on our disco train and commit daily to just one practice in each of the categories, Gratitude, Eat Clean, Move, and Shine. Add in more practices and grow with the program when you’re ready and create your own Original G·E·M·S Life! Get started today!