As the summer vacation season comes to a close, it’s time to step off the party train and back into your regular routine — fortunately, we’ve got health tips for your whole family.
We get it. We all are guilty of summer late nights, tempting treats, and perhaps skipping a workout. Or three. The kids are home and you’re just trying to keep everyone happy, fed, and out of trouble! But now, as the school year starts, it’s the perfect time to regroup and refocus on your family’s health and well-being.
Don’t worry — it’s a common scenario, and we’re here to guide your family back to a healthier routine.
Health Tips for A Fall Family Reset
- BRING VEGGIES BACK. Start with adding just one EXTRA veggie to your plate. The chlorophyll, from veggies like kale, spinach, and celery will add immediate energy and spark. The fiber will help boost your metabolism and enhance your digestion. Have you tried our MVP Soup? It’s amazeballs! PLUS, it adds a whopping 4 servings of veggies.!
- Drink your water. I can’t say it enough. Get back to your 32 ounces of filtered water EACH morning before you consume anything else. After that, drink half your weight in ounces by the end of day for ultimate hydration. Hydration enhances metabolism, promotes glowy skin, flushes your organs, boosts energy and suppresses your appetite. DRINK UP. (water this time). And take a refillable water bottle wherever you go.
- Focus on SLEEP. This might be the number one way to stay healthy, svelte, and sexy. Sleep renews your energy, your mind and keeps your caloric intake in check. (Did you know, sleep deprivation can increase caloric intake the next day by 440 calories?) Lack of sleep makes you crave sugar and ages you. Pick a decent bedtime hour to get at least 7 to 9 HOURS and stick to it. Add CALM tea at night to relax and get to sleep.
- Worth Your (SEA) Salt. This essential mineral promotes healthy hydration, digestion, thyroid function, muscle and cognitive nerve transmission. Don’t be afraid of mineral rich salts. We are NOT talking about iodized table salt. Get rid of that junk. Use salts like Redmond real salt, Himalayan, Mediterranean, or Sea salt. You get the idea.
- Start downing green smoothies. A meal in a cup. Have one for breakfast and chock it full of all kinds of greens, antioxidant rich berries, and vegan protein. You can add half a banana if you are still on top of Sugar Craving Mountain. If you are hesitant, begin with adding spinach to your favorite GEM smoothies. As you advance, think Emerald City or Cameo. Pro tip: brighten your White Diamond with added spinach. Your body will soar.
- STRETCH it out and BREATHE deep. Both of these things keep your body renewed and keep things moving efficiently. Family wellness isn’t just about nutrition; it’s also about movement and mindfulness. Incorporate daily stretching and deep breathing exercises into your family’s routine. Yoga or stretching sequences will make a huge difference in your day.
- LOVE YOUR GOOD BACTERIA. Restore the balance of good vs. bad bacteria in your gut with PROBIOTICS. The summer’s mix of bad food and not so healthy choices may have compromised your digestive health, immunity, and brain function. We suggest Bio-Kult or Thorne FloraMend as our top choices. Stock up at The GEM!
- DAILY JUICE. Kick start your day with a Celery Juice from the GEM. Flush out the toxins, boost immunity, and get rid of your cravings. Or try a Juice Then Dinner or a Workout Cleanse—which shows you what a super healthy day can look like for the rest of your life (until summer returns anyway!). Bonus: We offer tons of delicious options!! You’ll want to try them all.
Give these steps a try to help your family thrive this back-to-school season!
Craving some super-fresh juice? Order for pick up now!