This Valentine’s Day, we’re asking you to look inward. And listen to your body. If it’s saying, “Lover, lover, lover…you don’t treat me no good no more”, then it’s time to practice a little self-love — Original G·E·M·S Life-style.
START. COMMIT. KEEP GROWING. JUMP INTO ORIGINAL G·E·M·S LIFE!
“But isn’t self-care a little…selfish?”, haters will say. Actually, no! By engaging regularly in a few self-indulgent practices, we’re actually bettering ourselves for those we love.
Healthy self-care isn’t just about indulgence though — it’s about implementing practices that help ground us and relieve stress and its effects (anxiety, sleep problems, and irritability, anyone?).
In the Name of #SelfLove
Take time for a little self-care now, and keep stress levels low so you can operate at your brightest.
We’ve created a go-to self-care checklist to guide you through a Valentine’s Day with Original G·E·M·S Life — a daily playbook based our founding principles, designed to help you Shine Brighter in all areas of your life. Taking part simply requires doing four daily practices, one in each of these categories: Gratitude, Eat Clean, Movement, Shine.
Try one practice below every day from each category, and enjoy some much-deserved YOU time this month!
8 Ways to Practice Self Care with Original G·E·M·S Life
Show GRATITUDE by
- Choosing a daily mantra, an affirmation repeated to yourself every day. Repeat after us: “I am enough, I have enough, and I am doing enough.”
- Share your own Gratitude journal! Don’t just write down what you’re thankful for, share it online! Your warm fuzzies will light up the dark corners of the internet. Just don’t forget to tag us and add #OriginalGEMSLife so we can join in the Love Fest!
EAT CLEAN with
- Our Tahitian Pearl Smoothie! Who says you can’t indulge in a little chocolate AND check off your #EatClean practice?
- Your very own GEM Cacao mix! Add to your own breakfast smoothies, or if you’re craving something sweeter, mix in with our housemade cashew milk!
Get MOVING by
- Trying a self-love yoga session. We ❤️️ this one by Yoga with Adrienne (perfect for Valentine’s Day!).
- Getting organized! Keeping things free from clutter has been proven to keep you on track and helps you maintain your goals. Turn on some music, strap on those disco shoes, and get your workspace, closet, laundry room, or whatever space you’ve been avoiding back in order!
SHINE brighter by
- Committing to your body-care routine. Maybe it’s skin care or supplements. Or morning stretching. We all slack on these sometimes. But whatever it is, do it every day!
- Detoxing with our GEM Detox Bath Salts. Our bath salts relax tense muscles, replenish magnesium, and reduce inflammation. Plus, their healing properties can also help moisturize your skin, decrease stress, and help you sleep better. Order yours today!
Whether you can commit to just one of these practices daily, or all of them, remember that YOU ARE WORTH IT.
“Anytime we can listen to [our] true self and give the care it requires, we do it not only for ourselves, but for the many others whose lives we touch.” – Parker Palmer
Happy #SelfLove Valentine’s Day, GEMS!
About Original G·E·M·S Life Program
Shine Brighter all the time with an Original G·E·M·S Life, a daily playbook based on The GEM’s founding principles. Jump on our disco train and commit daily to just one practice in each of the categories, Gratitude, Eat Clean, Move, and Shine. Add in more practices and grow with the program when you’re ready and create your own Original G·E·M·S Life! Get started today!
Let us know what practices you love, and share your ideas for other practices on our social media accounts on Instagram and Facebook!