Are you ready to drop the winter coat (literally and figuratively) and feel lighter and free? Time to spring clean it up, people! And really, spring cleaning is a detox in disguise.
A detox is simply making lifestyle changes that clear the body and mind of toxins, by eliminating certain harmful things and optimizing the power of more positive additions. Our mission inside The GEM is to guide you into a healthier and cleaner future.
Getting there doesn’t have to incorporate radical, sweeping changes all at once.
Toxins are definitely a buzzword these days, so what is considered a toxin? Toxins are anything that can be poisonous or cause negative health effects. Heavy metals, chemicals, pollutants, artificial food ingredients, pesticides all cause the body harm. And don’t think it is just limited to the tangible. Toxic thoughts and people TREMENDOUSLY contribute to your health and wellness.
Let’s cut to the chase. Time for spring cleaning.
If you mindfully incorporate these simple things, you start the process of detoxification. Get on it. Get your brain and your body humming!
- Add detoxifying foods DAILY. Think spring greens, like the Dandelion and Kale salad—super supportive of your liver—the major organ responsible for filtering toxins from your body. The MVP soup is something you should drink everyday. Seriously. It adds five servings of sparkle inducing veggies into your day. And, do not underestimate the power of Daily Green Juice. On an empty stomach, it is a straight shot of goodness into your bloodstream. Come to The GEM. We can help with your green dilemma! We put GREEN in the spotlight
- Daily breath. Breathing is the strongest detoxifier we have. Use it to your advantage. Take Five Breathing exercise each morning and anytime you need to calm, focus or energize yourself. Breath in for 5 secs, hold it for 5 secs, exhale for 5 secs. Repeat AT LEAST five times. Great for de-stress, energy, composure.
- Exfoliate your skin, and sweat it out. Try a Sauna, or Hot Yoga, to sweat. Incorporate Dry Brushing. Your skin is the largest organ in your body, and dry brushing boosts circulation, gets rid of dead skin cells, stimulates the lymph nodes, actually improves the appearance of cellulite, and helps the body remove waste. This is a very potent detoxifier.
- Eat organic. It is SO important. Our food supply is riddled with pesticides that are not only ON our food, but actually scientifically engineered inside the DNA. Not willing to go all in? Familiarize yourself with the “Dirty Dozen”. And always buy organic meats and pastured eggs!! Life inside The GEM is HONESTLY ORGANIC, so feel secure about your choices here.
- NO CREEPY ARTIFICIAL FOODS. That means NO sweeteners, colors, preservatives. They contain dangerous chemicals that remain in your liver and fat cells—and obstructs the natural cleansing processes within your body. If you can’t pronounce it, don’t eat it either.
Last, but not least, and this can be a difficult, yet critical one:
- Stop the negative talk and the behavior that follows. Do not put energy into negative chatter. Have you seen our GEM Journal?? It helps you set your intention for your day, and reminds of habits that will help change your direction. You attract what you put out into the Universe. Remind yourself daily: You are love. You are light.
For spring cleaning, you can always dig deeper, choosing temporary changes that can really kick start the process. Start a three day juice cleanse. Follow our “DAY IN THE LIFE OF A GEM” regimen.
Strive for more permanent changes. Remove toxic thoughts. Eliminate artificial sweeteners. I mean it. It can really change the way you feel, look and live!
Living a vibrant life takes commitment, time, focus. Start the journey with these 6 things to exorcise the demons of a toxic world. Walk into the bright light of health. See you inside The GEM soon!
Pingback: Poolside Sips & Snacks For A Summer GLOW - The GEM