Happy cold and flu season! It’s that time of year during which we’re surrounded by a turbulent sea of germ-y sickness, just waiting to swallow you up.
START YOUR COLD-PREVENTION REGIME! ORDER DELIVERY OR PICK UP ON OUR APP!
Want to stay above the virus-infested waters? Get your life raft in order. That means boosting your immune system and flooding your body with health and wellness. Then, you’ll be better equipped to combat illnesses and quickly dispense with any bug that you do catch. And we’ve got some super powered tips to get you there.
5 Ways To Stay Strong, Shiny, Bright and Well
1. EAT GOOD STUFF. But don’t just focus on one nutrient. Sure, vitamin C helps keep your immune system strong, so include foods like orange, blueberries, peppers, and broccoli. But those should be just one part of a whole-food, plant-based diet featuring lots of in-season vegetables. Our made-from-scratch MVP Soup, with four to five servings of 13 different veggies, packs rich nutrients into a warm cup of ridiculous yumminess. Keep extra servings on hand for on-the-go nourishment.
2. DRINK YOUR JUICE. If you struggle to get the recommended eight servings of veggies each day, try juicing! Consume juices that consist of three parts vegetables to one part fruit. Our Ruby Slipper, a blend of carrot, beet, lemon, ginger, and cucumber packs a stress-busting combination that fortifies your immune system. A Green Glow has been known to cure all that ails you! Add turmeric and E3 boosts for a little immune-supporting punch.
3. FEED YOUR GUT. Good bacteria — key to healthy gut flora — diminish inflammation, supporting our immune system and preventing illness. Antibiotics, stress, and poor diet compromise this balance. So, during this season, make sure you’re consuming probiotic-packed foods, like sauerkraut or organic miso. Daily shots of raw ACV also help. But it’s imperative to add a probiotic supplement like Bio Kult — a great one that doesn’t require refrigeration.
4. DO SOME SHOTS. That includes Fresh Turmeric and Ginger. Make sure you get your dose of these two —the most anti-inflammatory, immunity boosting spices you can consume. Try daily Immunity Shots at The GEM. Or you can buy the Immunity Mix (turmeric, ginger, lemon) in 8-ounce bottles and make your own super-powered ImmuniTEA with raw honey at home. It’s SO good, too. And don’t forget Elderberry Syrup. This is an age-old remedy that not only works to keep you healthy, but it also tastes good! Buy it by the bottle, or in our Allergy Mix, which includes tart cherry and Bragg’s ACV to quell inflammation.
5. TAKE YOUR SUPPLEMENTS. While we do believe your diet must be clean and pristine to stay strong, immune boosting supplements and tinctures can provide the final gloss on ensuring your health for the season. If you do find yourself feeling a little under the weather, immediately down our Cold’s Cocktail, a tonic that helps push that cold on through. Our latest miracle, Counter Attack clears congested sinuses and pushes your cold on through with a badass blend of Vitamin C, Zinc, elderberry, probiotics, echinacea, amino acids. You gotta get some of this stuff!
To Recap: Your Cold and Flu Season Arsenal
1. Good, clean food. MVP Soup and Bone Broth
2. Juice. Green Juice. Any of it
4. Shots like our Immunity and Allergy (Turmeric, Elderberry in bulk)
5. Supplements like Cold’s Cocktail and Counter Attack boosters
Stay healthy, my friends! And see you inside The GEM.